AGB strives to continuously advance the practice of governance by designing and instilling best practices and advocating nationally on issues that affect higher education. We share vital information and knowledge with members, as well as provide customized consulting services, to help cultivate a structure of thriving colleges, universities, and institutionally related foundations.
- Founded: 1921
- Membership: 1,300 boards representing 1,900 colleges, universities, and institutionally related foundations.
- Types of colleges and universities: individual campuses and statewide systems; independent and public institutions; all degree types and classifications
- Individuals served: 40,000 representatives of higher education institutions, including:
- Trustees and regents
- Presidents, chancellors, and CEOs
- Senior-level administrators
- Board professional staff members