Ingram Center for Public Trusteeship and Governance
The mission of the Richard T. Ingram Center for Public Trusteeship and Governance is to strengthen the relationship between state government and public higher education by enhancing the effectiveness of citizen governing and foundation boards and their trustee members. We accomplish this by forging partnerships with state government and higher education associations, conducting policy analysis and research, and working directly with AGB-member boards and chief executives.
The Center is dedicated to helping all stakeholders improve the governance and trusteeship of public colleges and universities. In addition, the Center is committed to advancing enlightened public policy that contributes to healthy higher education institutions, both public and independent.
Ingram Center Services
Since its establishment in 2000, the Ingram Center has achieved a solid record of success in improving communications and cooperation among elected and appointed state officials, trustees, and public college and university leaders. We offer the following services.
- Trustee Education and Board Development: Strengthen communication, clarify responsibilities, define a shared agenda among state institutions.
- Consulting Services: Helps states and public agencies, political leaders, public university systems, and AGB-member boards objectively diagnose and act on the governance and policy challenges they face.
- Policy Dialogues: A conversation for trustees, college executives, policymakers, and business leaders to forge a shared public agenda for higher education.
- State Leadership Summits: A neutral common ground that supports candid, goal-oriented policy dialogues among state and higher education leaders.
State Policy Analysis
- State Governance Action Report
- State Policy Briefs
- Ingram Center Publications
- Reform Agenda
- Raising the Bar for Higher Education in a Time of Fiscal Constraints (meeting at the University of Virginia's Miller Center for Public Affairs)