The Richard T. Ingram Center for Public Trusteeship and Governance strengthens the relationship between state government and public higher education by enhancing the effectiveness of governing and foundation boards and their trustee members.
- We forge partnerships with state government and higher education associations (see an example of a meeting held at the Miller Center of Public Affairs).
- We work directly with AGB-member boards and chief executives through our consulting services.
- We encourage education to foster good governance through efforts like the Initiative for Board Member Education in the States.
- We offer thought leadership on state governance structures and maintain a records on each state's public boards.
We are committed to advancing enlightened public policy that contributes to healthy higher education institutions, both public and independent.
Ingram Center Services
Since its establishment in 2000, the Ingram Center has improved communications and cooperation among elected and appointed state officials, trustees, and public college and university leaders. We offer the following services.
- State Leadership Summits: creates a neutral common ground that supports candid, goal-oriented policy dialogues among state and higher education leaders. To learn more about our national initiative for board member education in the states, click here.
- Trustee Education and Board Development: strengthens communication, clarifies responsibilities, and defines a shared agenda among state institutions.
- Consulting Services: helps states and public agencies, political leaders, public university systems, and AGB-member boards objectively diagnose and act on the governance and policy challenges they face.
- Policy Dialogues: frames a conversation for trustees, college executives, policymakers, and business leaders to forge a shared public agenda for higher education.