Supervisor: President & CEO
FSLA Status: Exempt
The Vice President of Experiential Programming and Partnerships is responsible for conceiving and developing programming content that delivers unique insights and learnings through executing renowned educational events and partnerships that create distinctly favorable and memorable experiences. It will be critical that this leader and his/her team help establish anticipatory awareness for attendees to expand their knowledge and competencies across core governance and emerging higher education issues that may impact their boardrooms and institutions.
As team AGB is focused on driving growth, engagement and impact, this leader is essential for translating ideas and concepts to reality through its signature events—the National Conference on Trusteeship, the Foundation Leadership Forum, the Institute for Board Chairs and Presidents (public and private), and webinars—as well as developing new segment-specific and multi-stakeholder forums. This role is responsible for delivering budgeted revenue associated with AGB’s events and partnerships.
AGB’s partnership revenue is sourced from corporations, foundations, and high-net worth individuals that value strong governance across institutional, system, and foundation boards.
As a corporate officer, the vice president represents the president and the association as requested.
- Serve as a member of AGB’s Leadership Team and as such participate in setting the strategic direction of the association.
- Lead the development and execution of the National Conference on Trusteeship and oversee new programming to address member needs. Through the Director of Programs and the Director of Conferences, oversee the development and delivery of all other regular and special AGB institutes, seminars, workshops, and conferences.
- Oversee the development of initiatives, programs, and services for member segments (e.g. private institutions, public institutions, systems, and institutionally related foundations).
- Ensure all programs are thoroughly defined including descriptions, agenda, speakers, and key takeaways.
- Coordinated collaboration with internal Marketing team to ensure timely and effective marketing and communications for all programs and events.
- Work with the Director of Corporate Relations to design programs and projects that attract sponsorships.
- Oversee the work of the Sr. Director of Institutionally Related Foundations to develop and deliver comprehensive programs and services for the boards of public institutionally related foundations.
- Participate in securing funding for programs, research, and educational projects.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to ensure insights and ideas are shared across departments to maximize member value.
- Provide day-to-day management of the department’s staff, providing feedback and assessment to develop staff capacity to support AGB’s goals.
- Attend meetings of AGB’s Board of Directors; and serve as staff to board committee(s) as assigned.
- Prepare quarterly reports on departmental activities for Board of Directors.
- Represent the association to external organizations as appropriate.
- 10+ years’ experience at leadership levels within higher ed institutions, system governing boards, or institutionally related foundations required.
- Demonstrably effective in developing high value content and programs focused on AGB membership needs.
- Experience with partner development and fundraising; strong contacts with foundation staff.
- Ability and skills to translate topical ideas into engaging learning events and memorable experiences.
- Extensive experience with leading and emerging technologies for electronic delivery of instruction for adult learners. Commercial production skills highly valued.
- Experience in budget management and ability to lead an effective team.
- Graduate degree preferred.
- Superior written and oral communication.
- Work ethic characterized by energy, curiosity and commitment to innovation.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain flexible approach to changing priorities and methods.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, hands-on environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Availability for travel.
Email cover letter, including salary requirements, along with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Include position title in Subject line.