Supervisor: Chief Information Officer
FSLA Status: Exempt
The Online Content/User Experience Manager will assume lead responsibility for AGB’s website, for recommending and implementing improvements, and for working with others to ensure that the site is an integral part of AGB’s membership, marketing, and communication strategies. The manager will maintain the site’s functionality, accuracy, and currency, and will work with other AGB stakeholders to effectively promote digital content that advances AGB’s mission. The Online Content/User Experience Manager will partner collaboratively across the association to integrate new resources and digital solutions into the website content ecosystem, as appropriate.
- Oversee management of the AGB website, from optimizing performance to tracking detailed marketing metrics, scheduling and making content updates and, in collaboration with Marketing, Membership, and Best Practice staff, as well as web development consultant, guide development of effective web content.
- Develop and implement processes and guidelines (including scalable content models, messaging strategies, metadata schema, and taxonomies) that address the technical, business, editorial requirements of agb.org content.
- Collaborate across the organization to identify and implement new capabilities, enhancements, and user experiences for new and existing webpages, from concept to completion.
- Establish guidelines governing the web user experience and maintain established standards of consistency across web pages, including consistent content style, design, general navigation, and accessibility.
- Develop effective standards for website analytics that support and reflect association goals and strategies; establish and provide periodic reports to guide website content and usability.
- Communicate with AGB staff regarding functional and technical requirements of website and upcoming projects or events related to website.
- Work closely with the vice president of membership experience to develop and enhance web-based member services that foster interaction and engagement.
- Coordinate content organization and placement on the top-level web pages with ultimate responsibility for those pages.
- Lead content inventories, gap analyses, competitive audits, and secondary research. Drive the discovery of industry trends and emerging best practices.
- Oversee search engine optimization and taxonomy development; analyze web traffic and use web analytics to maximize AGB’s effectiveness on the internet.
- BA or BS required. 5-7 years of web content publishing experience.
- Strong skills in utilizing usability, web analytics, and web evaluation results
- Experience working with wireframes, content tagging and taxonomies
- Ability to work across organization boundaries on focused web projects and to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to creatively conceptualize original and repurposed content scenarios for the web and for electronic media.
- Proven ability to manage long-range projects and meet short term goals.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of teams.
- Experience in higher education or associations preferred.
Email cover letter, including salary requirements, along with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Include position title in Subject line.