June 22 – 24, 2020 – Aspen, CO
The most important relationship for effective governance at institutionally related foundations is that between the board leader and the chief executive. To succeed, both individuals must commit their time and talents to work as partners for the institution and the students their foundation serves.
AGB’s Institute for Foundation Board Leaders and Chief Executives allows board leader-chief executive teams to develop robust partnerships and create a focused agenda that moves both the board and the foundation forward. As a result of this Institute, board leaders and chief executives will strengthen their relationship, find answers to emerging challenges, and develop an action agenda for the board.
Facilitated group sessions provide best practices in governance and effective strategies from other foundations, while president-chief executive team meetings and one-on-one consultations allow participants to focus on shared work at their own organizations
By participating in this Institute, participants will:
- Enjoy highly engaging small-group sessions with foundation and governance experts to discuss best practices and innovations in foundation governance;
- Delve into the dynamics of the foundation-institution relationship focusing on mutual alignment and a joint commitment to the role of the foundation in relation to advancing the strategic priorities of the university/college
- Develop an action agenda for improving board practice and advancing their foundation;
- Participate in one-on-one consultations to focus on shared work at their organizations and assess the strength of their boards; and
- Engage with a network of peers to learn from and draw upon after the Institute concludes.
Registration Fee – $8,745: The registration fee includes program expenses for both the board chair and the president, private lodging for the nights of June 22 and June 23, meals during the Institute, and program materials.
Registration will open soon. To be notified when registration opens, click here.
All cancellations and requests for refunds must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. AGB will issue a full refund if written notification of cancellation is provided to AGB by April 22, 2020 for the summer program. AGB will issue refunds after the meeting. No refunds will be issued for attendees who cancel after this date. AGB is not responsible for cancellations due to airline disruption, inclement weather or schedule changes.