- Consistently and publicly remind all constituencies about the importance and value of shared governance;
- Periodically assess the state of shared governance at the institution; then develop an action plan to improve it;
- Support programs to strengthen faculty self-governance;
- Maintain a steadfast commitment to three-way transparency and frequent communication; and
- Respect traditional rules of faculty engagement.
- Publication Year: 2014
- Number of Pages: 105
- A bulk discount is available for orders of 10 or more copies.
“Excellent, timely and readable. Volumes of helpful advice. Nicely lays out in an orderly fashion the numerous issues relating to shared governance and provides practical ideas to apply to any campus.”
—Darrin Good, associate provost, Gustavus Adolphus College
“Valid issues and good suggestions to improve governance. The sample survey is an excellent tool for truly understanding reality at our institutions.”
—Lyn Trodahl Chynoweth, trustee and former board chair, Moravian College
“Readers will appreciate that practical ideas reinforce the major points. Helpful to use ‘as is’ or to adapt to their own institutions.”
—Carol Cartwright, president emerita, Kent State University
With special thanks to Northern Trust. Northern Trust is a leading provider of asset management, fiduciary, banking, asset servicing and fund administration solutions for individuals, families, corporations and institutions worldwide. See www.northerntrust.com.