Risk Management: An Accountability Guide for University and College Boards
With proven advice and practical best practices for sound risk management, this robust publication written by the CEO of United Educators identifies how engaged board members should collaborate closely with institutional leaders on a variety of operational and strategic risks.
All board members, whatever their role or committee assignment, will benefit from the insight found in this single volume as they learn to ask the right questions to reduce risk across campus and beyond. Risk Management: An Accountability Guide for University and College Boards covers critical topics such as:
- Financial stewardship and stability;
- Emergency preparedness and safety;
- Student affairs—including intercollegiate athletics and alcohol;
- Faculty and staff employment;
- Financial aid and enrollment management;
- Academic quality and results;
- Entrepreneurial ventures and new programs; and
- Regulatory compliance.
"A valuable resource for trustees in both private and public institutions. I look forward to using it and sharing it with my colleagues."
—Kate Pew Wolters, former chair, board of trustees, Grand Valley State University
"Contains important recommendations...I found the integration of tables and graphs in the text useful and timely." —Robert M. O'Neil, former president of University of Wisconsin System and University of Virginia