Your membership matters.
Working with limited resources and ever-increasing demand, AGB members receive crucial support to navigate their challenges and opportunities, along with an invaluable lifeline during times of change or crisis.
Determine your eligibility.
AGB Membership is open to:
- Boards of colleges, universities, and systems accredited (or accreditation candidate) by an agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation
- Advisory (nongoverning) and quasi-governing boards of institutions or campuses within public multicampus or statewide systems of higher education
- Boards of separately incorporated foundations affiliated with public colleges and universities
- Boards of statewide higher education coordinating and planning agencies
- Governing boards of universities incorporated in other nations as nonprofit or state-sponsored organizations
AGB will also consider, on a case-by-case basis, boards of certain national and international nonprofit organizations whose missions focus largely on higher education.
Determine your investment.
Membership dues are payable in the anniversary month in which the member board joined the association. Dues may be adjusted annually at the discretion of the AGB Board of Directors; adjustments take effect on January 1. Dues are assessed according to an institution’s FTE (full-time equivalent) enrollment, with some exceptions.
Annual dues for institutionally related foundation boards are based on assets under management at the end of the foundation’s previous fiscal year.
Become a member now.
For access to AGB member benefits, fill in this form. An AGB representative will contact you within two business days to complete your membership.
“AGB membership is a tremendous resource for our board and trustees. Our board regularly looks to AGB publications and staff for content expertise and to enhance effectiveness.”
Trustee, Florida A&M University and Miami Dade College
Join 2,000 institutions and 40,000 members.
There are four key reasons institutions and institutionally related foundations become AGB members. AGB membership enables boards, leaders, and board professionals to:
- Apply best practices throughout their operations.
- Use director education to drive continuous improvement.
- Anticipate emerging trends, risks, and challenges.
- Understand the impact of regulations and policies.