About: What sparks successful fundraising? “It’s not about the numbers,” but rather about great minds coming together, making connections, and sharing stories that can inspire transformational change, according to The Board’s Role in Fundraising. Written for board members, presidents, development staff, and other college and university leaders, this booklet offers quick and valuable guidance in fundraising endeavors.The author outlines the basic components of everything from successful conversations to comprehensive campaigns. An especially valuable tool for board orientations, its concise and engaging format covers:
- The role of the board, individual board members, and key board committees in fundraising;
- How to best work with campus stakeholders including the university president, foundation CEOs, and development officers;
- Sample fundraising documents for boards from both public and private universities including a sample networking worksheet;
- Five fundraising trends to note, including how motivations of traditional donors may differ from top philanthropists today; and
- Do's and don'ts, including "Seven Habits of Highly Effective Board Fundraisers" and key takeaway lessons for board members.
“This booklet serves as a valuable tool that explains how a successful fundraising process works... We have to leverage board members’ personalities, make best use of their skills sets, and match them up authentically with donors, so they can enthusiastically share the benefits of giving.”—Lil Breul O’Rourke, Secretary Board of Trustees and VP Principal Gifts, Syracuse University “When we arm our board members with great stories, they are better able to serve as ambassadors to the community and to successfully inspire others to significantly invest in our university.” — Tina Kauffmann, Associate VP for Development, Bellarmine UniversityWith special thanks to our sponsors: A bulk discount is available for orders of 10 or more copies.
- Publication Year: 2013
- Number of Pages: 64
- A bulk discount is available for orders of 10 or more copies.