Develop leadership to meet future challenges.
The job of the higher education president has changed dramatically in the face of today’s complex and dynamic academic environment. With new financial and social challenges, it’s not an understatement to say that the success of higher education depends on presidential leadership. That’s why higher education institutions need a thorough and forward-looking approach to evaluating presidential performance, with a focus on lifting the performance of senior leaders and their teams.
Questions for boards.
Click below to reveal key questions for your board to consider.
- How mature are your shared governance practices?
- What changes could be made to optimize presidential performance?
- Is the president embodying your defined mission and strategy?
- How can the president ensure institutional sustainability?
- What role does educational quality play in presidential decision-making?
AGB enables effective board and presidential development.
Presidential assessments are designed to strengthen relationships, build trust, and improve individual and organizational effectiveness. Through assessment, AGB can help presidents gain:
- A clearer understanding of roles and core responsibilities
- Consensus on specific objectives and plans to improve presidential performance
- A renewed sense of commitment to the institution’s mission and purpose
- A commitment to expectations for personal philanthropy
- Full alignment between presidents or CEOs and their boards
AGB presidential assessments may include: