The COVID-19 virus has completely changed life in our nation. These changes are apparent nationwide on college campuses where in-person classes abruptly transitioned to online. This has created additional uncertainty for students thinking about enrolling for the Fall 2020 term as well as uncertainty for higher education administrators.
Taking steps to propel student success and engagement during these challenging times is critical; importantly, disruption can drive innovation. Done correctly, these innovations may develop into long term assets for both institutions and students. During this webinar, we will be presenting various strategies and resources for both short and long term university success. It is important for each institution to develop strategies to meet short term enrollment goals and maintain long term financial stability.
Topics covered in this webinar include:
Short Term Focus: Incoming student engagement during the summer semester
- Discuss and provide additional support for FAFSA forms
- Provide resources and clear guidelines for dual enrollment
- Quantify the impact of no in-person campus visits for individual students
- Additional and individualized department level outreach – a data based approach
- Identify individual students for targeted scholarships or discounts through predictive analytics (discussion on finding funds)
Long Term: Optimizing pricing strategies for Fall 2021
- Will your application pool be larger for Fall 2021 due more students taking gap-years or dual enrollment?
- How will you support students and families who have ‘taken a financial hit’?
- Opportunities to optimize the published price and net cost to the student for long term financial stability
- Discussion on a broad market place analysis
Chris Moloney, AGB Senior Associate, Strategy & Transformation
Dr. John Kern, Sightline Data
Erin Thompson, Sightline Data